CP&R Job Opportunities
Want to work for CP&R? Jobs are available on a part-time basis at the Wellness & Aquatic Center, Cross Creek Golf Course, Heritage Park, Cullman Gymnastics & Cheer Academy, and more. Applications can be filled out and turned in to the Cullman Civic Center for any of the following positions. For more information on any of these positions, please contact us at 256-734-9157 or at email@example.com. Full time positions will be posted here as open.
DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS
POSITION TITLE: Director of Athletics
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma/GED, College Degree in recreation or athletics preferred, CPRP certification preferred, at least three years of experience in planning, development and management of recreation programs, three years of experience in administration and management of athletic facilities preferred, and at least three years of experience in a management capacity. Experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and aptitude to perform the defined duties.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Parks and Recreation
EVAULATIONS: CP&R Personnel Evaluation Plan
PAY CLASSIFICATION: Salaried
- Oversees all administrative, operation and business functions for the Athletic Department.
- Coordinates employment, supervision, evaluations and training within the Athletic Department.
- Oversees the maintenance and care of all ball fields and athletic complexes, Heritage Park Grounds, Field of Miracles Grounds and Nesmith Grounds.
- Develops, supervises and maintains a program for purchasing grounds maintenance supplies, athletic supplies, janitorial supplies, concessions consumables and supplies and equipment in accordance with the City of Cullman and CP&R system policies.
- Works with the Executive Director in developing and managing the Athletic Department’s budget.
- Maintains system-wide inventory as it relates to departmental responsibilities.
- Works with the Executive Director on all capital outlay projects within the Athletic Department.
- Organizes and oversees the bidding process for capital related purchasing for the Athletic Department.
- Recruits, schedules, and coordinates various athletic tournaments with travel sports agencies. (i.e. baseball, softball, football, soccer, lacrosse, basketball, volleyball, archery, etc…)
- Coordinates the disposal of surplus property.
- Coordinates and supervises system-wide safety procedures within the Athletic Department.
- Establishes and maintains sound business and financial procedures in accordance with Federal and State laws, and CP&R system policies.
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism and ethics working amicably with the Park Board, the Executive Director, Administrators, Personnel and Community.
- Exhibits proficiency in written and oral communication.
- Attends all meetings as required by the Executive Director.
- Works a minimum of a 40-hour work week, which will likely include nights and weekends with hours varying based on league play, tournament play and projects within the Athletic Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Work exposes the employee to occasional adverse weather conditions and hazards associated with traffic, electricity, chemicals and lifting. Protective equipment may be required at time such as gloves, safety glasses, clothing and boots.
Work is performed both inside and outside and requires the physical and mental ability to operate a motor vehicle, grounds maintenance equipment and computer. Work also requires working around heights, heavy lifting and the ability to climb, stand, bend, and sit while performing various job duties.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org